Sorry, all, but i couldn't fine any Mysql News group around, so i sent this
message here, as i found php got a close relationship with mysql.

could someone pls tell me how i can grant a user to logon to the database
from any computer around the office?

i had read a book and the book told me to type this command:

 Grant all on samp.* to username@% IDENTIFIED BY "password"

The book said that the % is stand for the user can logon to the system at
any computer!
But i think mysql server take the % as a invaild character.

Could somone pls tell me if there is another way to Grant the permission to
a user which he can login to the system from any computer?

Thx

Jack
[EMAIL PROTECTED]