Hi, Tony,

I'm a "middlebie", and I have the same problem.  From the archives, I found
the following
suggestions from Richard Lynch:
Does it work perfectly from the command line if you su to "nobody" (or
whomever PHP runs as) before you execute it?
Is it world executable?
Does it access resources such as PGP key-rings that "nobody" can/cannot
access?

Are you sure you have the path correct?

In my case, the answer is yes to all of the above (except for su'ing to
nobody since I
can't do that on this client's server).  I've also discovered that it's
usually a path/permission
problem unless the server was built in 'safe mode' in which case, no script
can be called.

I added in `date`;   to see if I could execute anything & nothing happened,
so I fear this.
Now all I need to do is read up on suid in the PHP manual.    Thankfully,
this is just a tool
for the client, and not something the world will see.

Any other suggestions?

Lara