I guess Renze, I have to use session_start() in the file where
I want to output data from the session

All this questions about session are generated because I want
to control the acces to some of the web pages in a site so only
accesible to registered visitors.

Ok name user and password are stored in a db (mysql), after
password verification sesion is started, temporal storage of  some
values (PHPSESSID i.e.) and I guess in the begining of every
restricted page this temporal info shoul be checked to make the
page visible or not but if the visitor closes the browser the sesion is
over, session_destroy is this necessary?

thanks

remind me to invite you to have a beer next time you come to barcelona