I have started working with Sybase lately, and it has come to my
knowledge that a single query can return multiple result sets in
Sybase, especially when using stored procedures.

Now, in ASP (sorry...), there are calls that allow retrieving the
next result set from the current result set. So in effect the result
sets are a linked list and you can access all of them.

In PHP, however, the result set returned is the first one, and I
don't see any method for retrieving the next result set. Does anybody
know of such a method? Does anybody have a suggestion for workaround?

Basically, in most of these cases, the important result set is
actually the last one, not the first, as the intermediate result sets
are mostly temporary results.

Herouth