On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:20:39AM -0400, Robert V. Zwink wrote:

> // Besides that... what if I want to do some _serious_ processing
> // instead of 'drawing' an image?
>
> Actually you just readfile an existing image, how much processing does that
> involve?  Not too much.

I didn't say that your construction doesn't work, but it's not the
way to develop your sites. By using horrible constructions you can
make 'good-working' site, but that doesn't make it a good site. You
should always avoid using such terrible constructions. I mean... why
creating an image if you never intended to do anything with images?
Just because you want to have some weird construction on your site
and you can't think of anything else, soon enough?

> // The popup is the same thing as I said. You just redirect to a
> // different (PHP-)page. So... nothing new!
>
> For future reference:
>
> window.location.href="myscript.php"
>
> !=
>
> window.open('./myscript.php','mywindow','width=400,height=400,scrollbars=yes
> ')

It's the same kind of construction. You redirect the user to a completely
different page.

> No offense intended,

None taken... and none intended...

--