On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 09:57:20PM +0700, Paul S. wrote:
> I design a website on a PC, and upload it to UNIX. Of course, there are
> always one or two variables that I have to keep track of as to
> whetherteh server is UNIX or PC. There MUST be a simple way to test
>
> if (the OS is Windows) {
>  $siteurl = "http:// www.website.com/ ";
>  $mysqlpasswordfilelocation = " ... outsideroot.txt ";
> }else{
>  $siteurl = "http://127.0.0.1/";;
>  $mysqlpasswordfilelocation = " ...outsideroot.txt  ";
> }
>
> ???

Paul,

You could check one of the following variables:

  $HTTP_SERVER_VARS{"OSTYPE"}
  $HTTP_SERVER_VARS{"SERVER_NAME"}
  $HTTP_SERVER_VARS{"SERVER_ADDR"}
  $HTTP_SERVER_VARS{"HTTP_HOST"}
or
  $HTTP_SERVER_VARS{"DOCUMENT_ROOT"}

Check phpinfo(), it gives some really usefull info.

--

* R&zE:

-- Renze Munnik
-- DataLink BV