On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:24, Ben Quinn wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for the speedy reply.  In the GD section here
> http://www.bsch.au.com/admin/phpinfo.php
> it says "GIF support - enabled"
>
> I'm starting to wonder though if PHP can do this? I looked up the
> imagecolourtransparent function on the PHP site and it says:
>
> int imagecolortransparent (int im [, int col])
>
> ImageColorTransparent() sets the transparent color in the im image to
> col. Im is the image identifier returned by ImageCreate() and col is a
> color identifier returned by ImageColorAllocate().
>
> Note "Im is the image identifier returned by ImageCreate()" - does this
> mean this function only works with images PHP has created?

I wonder if it might not work on the image identifier returned from
ImageCreateFromGIF, which is presumably what you are using?

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   A diplomat thinks twice before saying nothing.