in the php.ini you can set the garbbage collection higher than 1 but that
puts a bigger load on your computer... what garbage collection does is that
it goes through and deletes all the session files that have expired due to
the setting of the session.gc_maxlifetime.. so right now with the way you
have things set up is that 1 out of every 100 session requests php will go
though the session files and find the ones that are older than 1440 seconds
and delete them... if you set 1 to 100 then every time a session request is
made php will go and find all the files that are over 1440 seconds and
delete them.. as you can see that would be a huge load on your computer...
:) hope that helps!

jay