on 8/27/01 10:31 AM, Richard Baskett at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ok on a pc when I have cookies turned off I am still able to access my
> session variables, but on a mac I can not.  Is there a difference between
> the way session variables are stored on each platform?  And if a session is
> indeed a cookie, then why does the session still work on pc's with cookies
> disabled?
>
> Rick

check out http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php as a place to start.
if cookies are turned off, the session is maintained in the url.

have you figured out your mac session problem? i use a mac to develop my
sites, and many of them use sessions without a problem. when i turn off
cookies in the browser (usually the latest version of ie) php handles it
smoothly.

let me know if you have any questions,
mike

-- mike cullerton