        From:  Justin French [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:  29 August 2001 08:10
        To:  php
        Subject:  multiple submit buttons

        Hi all,

        I noticed this chunk of code in a site the other day:

        <input type="Submit" name="btn" value="Yes">
        <input type="Submit" name="btn" value="No">

        My GUESS is that if i click the "Yes" button, I magically
        get $btn = "Yes" as a var is the receieving PHP script.
        I was just about to test this, when I realised that (from
        what I can tell) multiple submits are not supported by CGI
        spec.

        So, even if it works on my browser/platform/server/php
        combination, can I be sure it'll work faithfully on all
        environments?

        Should I be worried about what the browser sends, or what
        PHP does with it, etc etc?

        Has anyone doen some serious testing on this?  Good or bad
        stories?

        Justin French