Jeff,

No, Access will not run on Linux.  Either export the mdb to MySQL format
(there is a utility to do this on the MySQL site) or connect from Linux to
Windows using ODBC - check the iODBC HowTO at www.iodbc.org for steps to
compile PHP --with-iodbc.

The reason that ODBC isn't working on Windows is you have not configured
your PHP installation to support ODBC :)
Either view the install docs to enable the extension:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install-windows.php or upgrade to 4.0.6 or
later, which will support ODBC on Windows by default.

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers