Hi,

Didn't help. I tried it before that is why I tried with addcslashes.

What I have done so far is :

I have cmp'ed the file before adding slashes and after and it seems that
it is eating up the \. Like Pñ\#as renders as Pñ#as after
stripingslashes but in the DB is Pñ\\#as. As far as I know it should
have converted back from \\ to a single \. By the way I am running
4.0.3pl1 Linux

Thanks.

        Sean C. McCarthy
        SCI, S.L. (www.sci-spain.com)