I'm attempting to write a script to download files from a ftp server.
Basically what will need to be done is this. The website will have a
searchable database and once the selected items are found will have a
download link. From this I would like to click on the download link and
sent that to the php script to download the file.
I've been messing around with it but can't seem to get it to work. As an
  example I've sending the request from the previos page like this.
page.php?dir=blabla&file=downloadme.tar.gz  . This is then sent to the
php script and I cant' get it to download correctly. I'm looking for it
to pop up the download manager and download it that way instead of
opening it up in the browser. I'm at a loss here. Thanks..