On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:52, you wrote:
> There is a very good reason !
> The csv file contains world currency's
> The system is updated with the changed currency's only !
> The Master field contains all country currency's , this makes it
> difficult because if i drop the master table and upload the csv there
> will only be a few currency's!
>
> Thanks
> Coenraad Steenkamp

OK. So it sounds like you need to do something like:

for each csv file line
  select record where table_key = csvfield_key
  if record found
    if table_other_value != csv_other_value
      update table with csv_value
    end if
  else (record not found)
    insert new record
  end if
end for

where the key might be perhaps the country name and the other value is
the current currency.

Am I on the right track? Does that help you any?

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   I am functioning within established parameters.