Augusto,

Regardless if you CAN do this, I recommend against it :)
Relational Databases are much better for storing, updating, and accessing
disparate information than XML.

XML should be used for communication between applications or for an
intermediary output format from relational data.
If you do need XML, then convert from relational data to XML on the fly.

There are several ways to do this.
An easy one is our database: Virtuoso
You can download it for free at http://www.openlinksw.com/virtuoso

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers