Ive been playing around with ereg for about half an hour and having no joy
because I dont really understand the medhod behind it and how it all works.
But what im trying to do is check to see if a 9 digit string is all numbers
and nothing else

$string1 = "123456789"
$string2 = "123456abc"

how would I check either string with an IF statement and make it continue
on string 1 (ie, all numbers) and error on string 2 (not all numbers).

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Chris

--
     Chris Aitken - Administration/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890