you need:

<input type="file"></input>

{can't remember the exact syntax but it's the file type you're looking for,
opens the file open dialogue so they can choose local file}

Steve

"Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
004a01c16b33$b43a2c60$4fad2b18@cr993021a">news:004a01c16b33$b43a2c60$4fad2b18@cr993021a...
Hi,

I have a class that allows me to send e-mail with an attachment.  I have a
form that gathers information and I would like to allow the user to attach a
file from his local drive.  Is there a PHP routine that allows the user to
browse his drive and choose a file?

Thanks,
Don