I was typically using pconnect but then read that for very busy sites you
can reach the max threads for mySQL quickly.  So on my new server I have a
couple of scripts and they are using mysql_connect.

I was under the impression that these disconnected after script execution
but when checking, there are over 100 of the threads open yet not being
used.

Has anyone had this or know how to combat it?

Jeff