Good day,

Calling another program with this script is unnecessary, since you are using
the "shebang" operator.

Instead of:

*/2 * * * * php /home/crontest.php > /dev/null

Use:

*/2 * * * * /home/crontest.php > /dev/null

Which should work just fine.

As pointed out, the reason you were getting the message was because cron is
not able to find "php" because /usr/local/bin is not in the path.  If you
really want to use it, then the following:

*/2 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /home/crontest.php > /dev/null

would also work.  You could remove the #! line in your script if you do so.

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW