<?
 include_once('cookie.egn');
 include_once('database.egn');

 function bad_passwd()
 {
  echo "You have entered an invalid password.<br>\n";
  exit();
 }

 if ( isset($PHP_AUTH_USER) AND isset($PHP_AUTH_PW) AND $peop_r =
fetch_db_value('people_manager', "WHERE username = '$PHP_AUTH_USER' AND
password = '$PHP_AUTH_PW' ") )
  $SessionID = $peop_r['peopleID'];
 else
 {
  Header("WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm='$SERVER_NAME' ");
  Header("HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized");
  bad_passwd();
 }
?>