Hello all,

Okay here is the situation. I am reading a file using fgets up until I hit a certain
delimiter within the text. No problem there. This text file may or may not
contain php in the format <? blah ?>. So I now have two variables $header and $footer
which may or may not contain some php within them. I need to echo
the variables at the top and bottom of other files but need any php that may be in
there to execute.

 I tried echo(eval($header))

and I also tried

$header = addslashes($header);
eval("\$header = \"$header\";");
$header= stripslashes($header);
echo($header);

The first produces and error, the second produces no error however only variables
evaluate while actual commands, such as echo just get written into the
code.

Any idea  what I may be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Gerard