If you're using PHP as an Apache module, you can use virtual() -

        http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.virtual.php

- to include the dynamic parts; vcstatic includes could be handled by
virtual() or just a normal PHP include()/require().

        - steve

At 11:09 PM -0800 12/19/01, Thomas Edison Jr. wrote:
>Folks,
>
>I have a serious problem and i don't know what to do.
>
>We have a fixed  template  for  each intranet page.
>Now the template consists of a header, a left
>navigation and a footer. The body would contain
>my pages content.
>
>What we are doing at present is that the header, the
>left navigation and the footer is included in the page
>using SSI.  The header is a static include file.
>However the footer and the left navigation are
>customizable, and hence are dynamic pages (cgi
>scripts) which generate the appropriate code depending
>on the command line parameters.
>
>Now the problem is that php3 pages are not being
>parsed for SSI. I looked up on the web , and
>found that only one of two can be used at the same
>time.
>
>Can anyone suggest a Possible Solution? We are running
>a Solaris machine!
>
>Thanks,
>T. Edison Jr.
>
>=====
>Rahul S. Johari (Director)
>Abraxas Technologies Inc.
>Homepage : http://www.abraxastech.com
>Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Tel : 91-4546512/4522124

| Steve Edberg                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin               http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |