Hi

The way output buffering and output compression work, all the output is
buffered until script termination, at which point it's compressed and then
all sent to the browser.

Is there any way having it compressed but not buffering it?  gzip is a stream
based algorithm, so there shouldn't be any problem theoretically.

I imagine mod_gzip would help in this respect - but I'd like it to be
switched on and off within PHP.

Anyone know a nice way of doing this?

Thanks

--