if he wants to burn a cd why dont you just copy the php dir onto a cd? why
do you have to parse everything? as an admin I would rather the entire dir
then the content of the executed script. plus on your side parseing every
url recursivly and getting all the images etc, what a hasle, just copy the
dir ..

--

  Chris Lee
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Thomas Karcher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Hi PHP users,
>
> I have a couple of PHP scripts that generate dynamic content for a
website.
> Now the admin of this website should be able to burn a CD of its pages, so
> wrote another PHP script which calls the CGI PHP executable to get the
> content and write it down, like this:
>
> $content = `/usr/lib/httpd/cgi-bin/php4
/home/httpd/html/project/foo.php4`;

> But with this line, the server seems to call many many instances of PHP
> and I don't get the "content" I want ...
> The server engine for PHP is CGI. I tried to call "my" PHP4 with another
> path, e. g. $content = `/tmp/php4 ...` , but it's useless.
> I changed the "foo.php4" - and really easy scripts don't work at all, e.
g.