Hi Robert,

> administrator to edit the item description. When displayed in a text box the
> description just shows 17.
> The only solution I can find is to swap the quote marks for "
> when storing the item initially

you can use htmlspecialchars() function to convet all the html chars.
The issue is, when do you convert it, either when you want to display
them on browser, or when user INSERT/UPDATE.

I think it's better to convert it only when displaying to the browser.
so in the DB, the data is still stored as it is, because you might
want to display the data somewhere else other than browser, for
example email or printing.

--
Jimmy