> Hi!
>
> I 'm trying not to hard code my php coding and I'm trying to pass a
> variable name into the $row[coloumname_$variable];
$row["columname_$variable"] should do it.
$row[constant] is threaten as constant which is normally not the programmers
intention (set_error_reporting(0) and you'll see PHP's complaints about it)
so PHP converts it to $row['constant'].
You may now understand, that PHP "translates" your code to
$row['coloumname_$variable'] whre $variable is a string and not a variable.

I hope, I could express myself understandable :)
best regards
Stefan Rusterholz