Hello again,

> This is excellent.  If you don't mind digging out your functions, I'd much
> appreciate it...

I'll have a look tomorrow.

> The previous question was for alpha only, no numeric ...names dont have
> numbers, but addresses usually do.

Alright, well:

[a-z] matches a through z
[A-Z] same, upper case
[0-9] yup, zero through 9
[ ] space

Look up the pattern modifiers, and the pattern syntax in the pcre section of
the manual):

if (!preg_match("/[a-zA-Z]+$/", $name)) {
// $name doesn't consist of characters within a-z or A-Z
}

> I'd got kinda mixed up there on the date thing...lol.  I have a javascript
> date picker thingy, but unfotunately it drops leading zeros on the dates
and
> times.  I think, however, your suggestion if pulldowns is much safer, but
> the date will be for MySQL or MS Access.  I think YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS, as
> you suggested would be the answer, and I'll try to add the time into the
> $date variable.

Just out of curiosity, what are you using this for?  I mean, you might be
doing more work than you need to be doing.....

> The currency is irrelevent here (although will UK£).  I just want the 2
> decimal places money format.  I have STATE above because thats what the
> field is in the database....On display it says state/county.

I see - check out number_format(), printf() and sprintf() in the manual -
this might already solve some of what you want, though I can't see why you'd
need two decimal places in a regex check :

$19.95 // one decimal
£19.95 // same
£19.95.1 // what the? :)

Can you elaborate as to why you need 2?

Alright, time for sleep.

Try and give a bit more info as to what you're using these for (and where,
if it's currently being used) your code is failing..

:)

Night

James