On Wednesday, February 6, 2002, at 11:06  PM, Lars Torben Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 19:32, obo wrote:
>> is there a command in php to post form data to a script?
>>
>> example:
>>
>> i have a form. once the submit is hit i use php to check the values. if
>> the values are ok i then call a function
>> to post the data.
>>
>> thanks.
>
> This is a fairly common request. Your best bets are to search for
> 'posttohost' in the mailing list archives, or just use cURL:
>
>   http://www.php.net/curl
>
> ...which will more than likely satisfy any posting cravings you
> may have. :)

I don't mean to butt in here, I'm just a bit confused.  I thought that
the poster ("obo") was asking how to submit form variables using POST.
For the purpose of doing more work with these variables, from a (PHP)
script.  Is obo asking something different here?  I read about
posttohost yesterday (someone provided a link) but I didn't see the
purpose behind this process.  What is it for?

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp