Hi. I'm a newbie at this and am having problems understanding how this
works.

I have a form with method="post". The server program does display
REQUEST_STRING as I expect (e.g., choice=yes but displaying
HTTP_POST_VARS["choice"] is null). However, displaying
HTTP_GET_VARS["choice"] does display "yes". Running phpinfo() displays
that the REQUEST_METHOD = GET. Why is this GET and how do I get it set
to POST? How do I get HTTP_POST_VARS to work since my form does have
method="post"?

Here are some php.ini settings (I'm running PHP 4.1.1 with Apache 1.3.22

under Win98):

variables_order = "EGPCS"
register_globals = On
register_argc_argv = On