Hi,

I'm having troubles entering information from a form into a MySQL
database.  Specifically if the user enters an apostrophe anywhere in the
form, all the information is rejected and nothing is entered into the database.

After researching a little on php.net I found the addslashes() command -
this did help briefly and I was able to use apostrophe's in the form ...
but it seems as the problem has resurfaced.

To make matters more frustrating, the addslashes() command works perfectly
well on my local test machine (Win2k Pro, PHP 4.1.1, MySQL 3.23.44, Apache
1.3.23) but not at all on the server which is hosted by another company
(Sun Solaris, PHP 3.0.16, MySQL 3.22.32, Apache 1.3.12).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the addslashes() command worked
for a short time on the webserver and why it stopped?  Or better yet, is
there a variation of addslashes() that will work on an older version of PHP
such as 3.0.16?

I'd be eternally grateful for any prompt replies as its already 2.38am and
my deadline is 9am :P

Thank you
-Tim Thorburn