I want to make a web site that displays news headlines from my favorite news
sites.  So the theory is that I fopen their web page, fread the contents of
the page, look for the sections that have the news headlines (with regex I
assume) and their href link information, paste that into an include file and
call it when my page loads.  Sounds simple enough right?

The part I don't yet know how to do is the part where I parse the web page
that I have read from the news site.  So what I think I need to know is how
to pinpoint the section with the headline links in it, take only those links
and their text and paste them into a new file.

This project may be bigger than a bread box, so any ideas or pointers to
resources that could help me learn how to do this would much appreciated.

Thank you,
Jonathan Duncan