Hi Hugh,

Thanks - I can access the next page now. But I've got a new problem: even if
the fields are all empty, a carriage return sends me off to the next form
[Bad! Bad, form - that's not what I want you to do!]

Where would you insert:

        if (!isset($name)) die ("You need to fill in your name.  Use the browser's

        back button and input this information.");

I tried in the php database storage code (didn't work). Tried it after the
appropriate 'Name' code in the form's html document. Didn't work. I know
that it should work somewhere . . . .

Somehow, I don't think the "Submit" function is working as it should
(especially if a carriage return or "Enter" can override everything). Is
there some code that will defeat this undesirable activity?

Oh this is so much fun :) -- I love the long days and even longer nights. I'm
glad I've got four months to put this new site together. Any insights and
help will be greatly appreciated!

Tia,
Andre

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 16:50, you wrote:
> Andre,
> Have your form action point to a page that has your database storage code,
> and nothing else (no screen output at all!).  Have this page start with the
> <?php tag with nothing above the tag (no html and no blank lines either!).
> Once your storage is complete, then use the header("location:
> somepageyouname") to go to the page you have next in line.  Oh, and make
> sure to use the ?> to end your php code.
>
> Once you get the above to work, then you can add decision statements which
> will help qualify your data.  (e.g. if (!isset($name)) die ("You need to
> fill in your name.  Use the browser's back button and input this
> information.");).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Hugh

Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the suffering souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!

For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/