What I am trying to do is register a variable already in the request array...as
a session variable.

I know I can do $_SESSION['foo'] = $_REQUEST['foo'] but that's if I know the
name of the variable that was registered on the form side.... I do know the
name, but it's dynamically generated.

So for example, the name could be foo1 - foo10 and I want to register all of
them as session variables.

So I want to be able to do this:
$count = 1;
$varname = "foo" . $count;

then do this:

$_SESSION[$varname] = $_REQUEST[$varname]

where the value of varname is actually the name of the variable that I want to
pull out....Does that make any sense?

I don't think that I can do $_SESSION['varname'] = $_REQUEST['varname'] in this
case because I don't want the value of varname as a session variable....I want
the value of the value of varname as a session variable.

I'm not sure if I can do this...but I'd assume there has got to be some way, I
just don't know what it is.

Also, apparently the php manual warns not to use $_SESSION['var'] = $var with
session_register and session_unregister. So that wouldn't work for me anyway.
(http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-register.php)

Zara