It looks like your sql query failed, so the result is invalid.

Assuming that this is really the whole script, then you're counting on
the mysql_db_query function to open a connection to the database "db"
using the default connection values which (according to the manual) are
host: localhost, user: (whatever user is running the script, probably
'www', 'apache', or 'nobody' depending on your system), and password:
(blank). Do you really have your mysql database setup to allow access
with these defaults?

I'd recommend trying mysql_connect() first, then if that works continue
on to the mysql_query(). At least you'll know better which aspect failed.

-Steve