I install slack8 with apache + mod_ssl + mod_php

from the CD.

nothing is enabled at the begining.

I enable php . .from uncommenting the appropriate httpd.con line
nothing..works..
I download php 4-1-2 latest . . I compile and install ...PHP no works..

mod_ssl does not work... I uncomment the line in  httpd.conf and then

apachectl startssl

apache couldn;t start...

apachectl start

apache starts with php enabled . .but no SSL . .

anyone has a solution to that ?
y mod_ssl default install from the slack CD does not work ?

something I do wrong . or it is the problem from the CD's installation.?

--

Sapilas@/dev/pinkeye