Erik Price wrote:

> Hey, sorry to bother you all but I have another obscure question about
> objects in PHP (yes I really do care about the answer)...
>
> I'm simply wondering if I unset() a reference to an object, whether or
> not it destroys that object, if there are other references to it that
> still exist.
>
> $_SESSION['object'] = serialize($object);
>
> (in another script:)
>
> $object = unserialize($_SESSION['object']);
> // do some stuff with $object
> unset($object);
>
> What's going on with my $_SESSION['object'] ?

In the example you are providing $object and $_SESSION['object'] aren't
even the same thing and unless something else is referencing $object
then $object will be deleted.

Now if what you meant was the following:

$objectFoo = new MyObject();
$objectFee = &$objectFoo;

unset( $objectFoo );

Then the object shouldn't be deleted since $objectFee is still referencing
it. You will just break the reference. Correct me if I'm wrong *chuckle*

Cheers,
Rob.
--
| Robert Cummings |