I have a WHILE loop that I am interested in storing the html that is
generated based on its results to a variable. This variable would then be
echoed later on.

Basically the html that is generated from the while loop is a bunch of table
cell definitions and some data from the database - this data is manipulated
with some IF statements in the loop.

So I'd want to store something like this:

while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
?>
if ($variable==1) {
//store on
//store off
}
if ($variable==2) {
//store on
//store off
and so on.
}
<?php
}

I tried to use something like $store.="<td>$variable</td>"; for each time
something needs to be displayed but it didn't display anything.

Any ideas how I could create such a thing? thanks in advance! :)