Thanx, however, I cannot retain the session_name when I go to the next URL.
How do I retain the session_name especially when I have to use a form
method=POST?

I have a URL that will be the login

Once you login you will have a session (that works now)

That page with the session will have a form with five <input=file> type form
elements

Once submitted you will be at a "thank-you" page and files uploaded, but
then the session is gone (session_name is back to PHPSESSID again)

What do I do to keep it? I cannot use cookies and putting it in the URL?

Phil