Jerome,

I'd had a similar problem a few weeks ago (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=101960285228542&w=2).

Try modifying your SQL statement like so:
mssql_query("SET TEXTSIZE 2048 select inventory from products where code =
'FCA13'");

O      From Now 'Till Then,
\->    Reginald Alex Mullin
/\      212-894-1690