Ho hum,
So it doesn't seem to be script mappings - I stand corrected.

Have you checked that the .PHP type is associated in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters\Script
Map branch of the registry?.
You might want to check that it's .PHP, and not .PHP4 , as this could be
your problem if some tool did the setup and you didn't see the actual file
ext being mapped.

If that doesn't work, then as you already know the problem isn't with the
PHP interpreter,
it's probably something in IIS having a fit.

Here's my general checklist:
Did you restart IIS?
Did you restart the server?
Does php.exe have the appropriate permissions?
Are you sure that the script mappings are correct? (based upon the fact that
you're getting the php source I'm inclined to say that it's still your
script mappings).

If all that fails, there's always:
Have you tried a hammer?

<grin>,
I hope somewhere in there you find an answer,
if it was me I'd be triple checking my script mappings, as from what you've
said everything seems to work individually, the pieces just haven't been
bound together.

HTH,
Dw.

Sqlcoders.com Dynamic data driven web solutions