From: Jason Soza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 1:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Graphs using PHP

Just want to run this by you all to check the feasibility of it.

I run a site that deals with cars, people can upload pics of their vehicle
and tell everyone else its year, color, 'generation', and where they're
located.

What I'd like to do is make some graphs on the front page that look like
gauges you'd see in a car, i.e. speedometer, tachometer, oil, etc. but these
would actually be graphs showing, for instance, how many of the cars on the
site are red, or whatever the most popular color is. So if a majority of the
cars were red, and red cars made up 57% of the total cars on the site, I'd
want a graphic of a speedometer with a needle that would be in a position
that represented 57%.

How difficult is this? I looked at some of the imagecreate() functions in
the manual, but they look like a language all their own and I'd like to know
if there's any easier way to do this that I'm overlooking. I'm thinking
doing some kind of image overlay is the way to go, but not sure. Any ideas
or pointers would be great, links to sample scripts would be excellent.
Thanks!

Jason Soza