On Sunday 02 June 2002 08:13 pm, you wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 07:55:09PM -0400, Andre Dubuc wrote:
> > I've noticed that many people on the list code in 'pure' php, i.e.
> >
> > <?
> > print "<input type='text' name='fname' size='50'>";
> >
> > // etc
> > ?>
> >
> > Since most of my code is a mixture (the early stuff is 'mixed' html +
> > php), I've been wondering why code in 'pure' php? Is there some
> > compelling reason (that I'm unaware of) for doing so? Should I rewrite
> > all my earlier code into its 'pure' form? If so, what do I do with the
> > '<! DOCTYPE . . . > statement -- put it in quotes too?
> >
> > I would like to understand the reasons for writing code in this manner,
> > when all my code works fine, displays great: am I missing something
> > important here? Btw, I use the 'php' ending for all file names.
> >
> > Your thoughts, opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated --
> > I'd like to do what is best.
> >
> > Tia,
> > Andre
>
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I don't know, but i prefer coding in mixed way.. to avoid excessive
> escaping at html tags and other..
>
> []'s

Thanks Marcelo,

Precisely my feelings as well. Looks cleaner since I can spot the divisions
quite readily (no "print . . .  ;" in the code).

Regards,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet: http://www.webhart.net/csrb/