Hey John:

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 12:10:27AM -0400, John Holmes wrote:

> What I'm looking at is if each include .html file is 50K, am I loading
> 100K into memory and then running the script, or running the script and
> only loading the appropriate 50K into memory when it's needed?

As of 4.0.2, stuff is only loaded when it's needed.  So, in your
example, only 50k is brought in.

Note, this is yet another case where it pays for me to read the manual
before posting!  I was still thinking in the old way, where include()
was conditional and require() was always done.

Ciao!

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution