Justin French wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> About 2.30 in the morning I started kicking around an idea, based on the
> recent discussions on sessions, and what --enable-trans-sid did.
>
> From my understanding:
>
> +   if there is no session cookie, set a cookie AND append a
>     session ID to URLs on the first (session start) page

AND do a redirect to self. This is how phplib worked. How do you
distinguish the 'first page' from the others?

> +   on the next page, the session is carried, and it checks to
>     see if the cookie set on the prev. page can be found
>
>     -   if it can, it now knows (presumably by setting a session
>         var) that cookies are okay
>
>     -   if it can't, it assumes cookies are not avail, and it
>         knows that the session must be appended to each URL

Not quite like that. This is the same as saying: if there's a session in
the URL ad no cookie, presume  cookies are not available. Wrong
presumption. This is the reason why now it is spoofable by opening any
page with a user-provided session in the URL