Isn't it just an issue of whether you call http: or https: ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Dubuc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 11:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Switching from HTTPS to HTTP using PHP?

After completing most of the coding for my site, I would like to use "https"

for restricted areas that require login. In short tests, I've discovered
that, yes, I can engage the encrypted mode while calling these pages, but
I've also discovered that it stays in the "https" mode even when it passes
to once non-restricted pages. I'm not sure whether that is a problem, but  .

. . I gather this is "normal" behavior since I had requested "https". But is

it possible to "unrequest" ?

My question is simple: is there a way to "get out of" or "turn off" https
once it has been initiated -- using PHP?

Since I have limited or no experience with https, any pointers, advice, or
admonitions would be greatly appreciated. And they say, "Ignorance is bliss"

-- I'm not too sure about that :>

Tia,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet: http://www.webhart.net/csrb/

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.