You guys are over-complicating this.  If you want to help someone and don't
understand their question, just say so.  People asking for help are usually
more than happy to provide additional information or rephrase their
question.

Be careful when using the question, "Are you new to PHP?".  It has an
implied, "That was an awfully silly question... are you new to PHP?".  Some
may take that as an insult.  Of course, it could be funny as well.  Imagine
responding to Rasmus, "Are you new to PHP?" ;) hehe

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.