From: César Aracena [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 12:36 PM
To: PHP General List
Subject: [PHP] Other than substr

Hi all.

I need to show up some data from a DB which consist of phone numbers with
area code. They're stored like (xxxx) xxxxxxxx. What is the best approach to
print them into some textboxes so they can be edited? I'm using substr but
area codes (inside parenthesis) goes from 3 to 5 numbers, so sometimes the
closing parenthesis is showed and other times even the first number from the
actual number is also showed. Can I use regex instead? How is it used? I
tried to figure it out in the PHP manual, but it is NOT written in my level
of English.

Thanks in advance,

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cesar Aracena
CE / MCSE+I
Neuquen, Argentina
+54.299.6356688
+54.299.4466621