Here is a sample code (don't take this as gospel... Jay knows more about OOP than I
do, I'm sure!):

class Car {
    var $make;
    var $model;

    function setMake($x) {
        $this->make = $x;
    }
    function setModel($y) {
        $this->model = $y;

$make and $model are the properties of the Car class, and setMake() and setModel() are
the methods of the Car class.  You don't actually get an object until make a *new*
one.  Like this:

$passat = new Car;
$passat->setMake("Volkswagen");
$passat->setModel("Passat");

This assigns the new object, "passat", the properties relating to it's make and model,
using the methods setMake and setModel.  I'm sure this is right, but I'm sure I'm
probably wrong (hehe, confused?).  I'm also sure someone will correct me if I am! :o)

Martin Clifford
Homepage: http://www.completesource.net
Developer's Forums: http://www.completesource.net/forums/

>>> "Chris Crane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/16/02 11:06AM >>>
It helps a little bit, thank you. Could you provide some code as to what a
Class looks like. I am just trying to understand it better and if I see it,
it might help.
000401c22cd8$54ce9ce0$8102a8c0@niigziuo4ohhdt">news:000401c22cd8$54ce9ce0$8102a8c0@niigziuo4ohhdt...