Try using mysql_query(); instead of mysql_db_query();  The SQL query is the
first parameter in this function.  The second parameter is a pointer
connecting to the mysql server.  The pointer is generated by mysql_connect()
and you'll also need to select the database with mysql_select_db().  But
it's the standard way..

$db = mysql_connect("localhost", "username", "password");    // connect to
mysql server
mysql_select_db("mytable", $db);
// select database by name
$query = "SELECT * FROM mytable ORDER BY id";         // define query to
submit
$result = mysql_query($query, $db);                                      //
submit query
if (mysql_num_rows($result) > 0)
// skip if no rows were found
{
    while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
    {
        // .. do whtever..
mysql_close($db);

It's also a common practice to put the first couple of lines in a file to
include() back into your main script so that you can protect your useranme
and password.

Good luck.
-Kevin