I've never had a problem with this.  Even using a textbox with only the required
parameters works fine as far as hitting the return key to get a newline.  If you're
talking about hitting the return key to submit, that's something else entirely, hehe.

Martin Clifford
Homepage: http://www.completesource.net
Developer's Forums: http://www.completesource.net/forums/

>>> Jesse Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/24/02 02:26PM >>>
I'm putting together a message board, and I'm having
problems with hitting the return(enter) key within my
textarea.

I've looked around for a solution, I tried
wrap="hard", wrap="soft" and wrap="vitual" and none of
them worked (should they?  I may have done it wrong?)
and I also tried nohardbreaks and nosoftbreaks, but I
think they may be no longer supported.

Is this a case for regex?  If so, can someone perhaps
point me to an article on how to accomplish this?
Thanks very much for any help.

Jesse